The purpose of V Swans Onslow
is to improve the lives of children, young people, and their families, by providing opportunities for growth and connection.
V Swans Onslow are proud to support Onslow School in providing additional opportunities for local children and their families. V Swans Onslow is the social and community development division of the Swan Districts Football Club. They are committed to providing communities, businesses and government with solutions for sustainable community development, using their Active Education model. The ‘Active Education’ framework is leading the way in transferring skills from the sports field to the classroom, translating outcomes in education, wellbeing and health.
V Swans Onslow are committed to the Onslow community, offering staff based programs within the community. Building understanding and trust with participants, their families and key funding and community partners. In partnership with the Chevron-Operated Wheatstone Project and Onslow School, V Swans Onslow are able to deliver a range of Active Education programs for school kids of all ages.
- Afterschool Sports | Kids aged from Kindergarten to Year 12 are offered the opportunity to participate in organised sports programs, such as Aussie Hoops (basketball), KickIt (soccer), Net Set Go (netball) and Cricket Blast.
- Homework Club | Homework Club is a 2-hour session on Monday afternoons for kids in Y2+. It will be held in the library at Onslow school and students are welcome to stay for all or part of the session.
- Afterschool Creations | Kindy -Year AFTER SCHOOL CREATIONS
- Friday Night Lights - An informal social outing for all members of the family, where kids get to utilise Onslow’s first-class skate park, have a feed and hang out with their friends.
- Holiday Programs - A range of activities are scheduled for each holiday period and a schedule of events is shared on V Swans Onslow Facebook page in the lead up.
- Holiday Camps - Kids aged 10-17 are invited to participate in 3-day excursions during the school holidays. More information on each camp will be released during the school term prior to the event.
- Youth Centre - The “Powerhouse” Youth Centre is located at 55 Second Avenue and kids aged 10-17 are invited to hang out with their friends either after school or on the weekend. Children are able to play games, watch TV, movies and sports, play video games, read, colour, paint…you get the picture there is plenty to do!
Social Footy is a fun and safe way to play the game of Australian Rules Football. It is a tag based game and contact is between players is minimal. Social Footy games are mixed gender, and are open to ages 13+. No footy experience is required, new players are most welcome.
A casual social event with fun for all the family held at Onslow's first class Skate Park.
Food is provided for all and there is a prize draw for the kids.